Monday, November 23, 2009

Pumpkin Bars

Today's post isn't wedding or event related at all. Last week I tweeted about pumpkin bars, and had quite a few inquires for the recipe, so I figured I would share it with my twitter peeps, fb family and my wonderful followers! If you haven't thought of a dessert dish for Thanksgiving yet, here is one that is not only easy to make, but tastes oh so good! ENJOY!

Ingredients:
For cake-
4 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 16 oz (2 cups) can pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

For Frosting
8 oz. soft cream cheese
1/2 cup soft butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

* Beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin together in one bowl until fluffy.
* Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon salt and baking soda in another bowl. Add this to the pumpkin mix.
* Place in ungreased pan and bake at 250 degrees for 25-30 minutes. (I use a square pan for this)
* Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting.

Making frosting:

*Beat all the ingriedients together and frost.
*Cut into squares or "bars" and voila!

For an added dose of flavor, sprinkle with cinnamon before serving...

I didn't have a chance to take a picture before my husband and daughter devoured it, but here is a picture I found somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment